Senior Client Platform Specialist
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of Saab’s IT group, the Senior Client Platform Specialist will play a key role in developing and sustaining Saab’s Enterprise Client Platforms and Endpoint Management Systems across Saab’s Classified and Unclassified environments. The Senior Client Platform Specialist will contribute to the design and development of creative and innovative solutions that align with Saab’s architectural principles and strategies ensuring appropriate solutions are delivered that support Saab’s operational needs.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Design, Implement and Sustain Saab’s Enterprise Client Platforms and Management Systems;
- Support system installations, problem solving and testing to ensure the availability, validity and reliability of Saab’s computing environments;
- Assist and support the Client Platform Team Leader with: coordination of the Client Platform team tasks and activities, train & mentor other members of the team alongside when required, represent the Client Platforms team in IT operational meetings.
- Troubleshoot and resolve assigned incidents and/or service requests whilst ensuring prompt professional service;
- Work, communicate and cross-skill with other members of the Client Platform team, and where appropriate with the greater IT group;
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office, 9 day fortnight will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Hands on experience working within an Client / End User Computing platform support team, or similar, supporting corporate and/or development client platforms;
- Broad knowledge and experience deploying, administering and managing enterprise SOE;
- Technical understanding and working knowledge of many of the following technologies: Virtualisation, Scripting languages (such as Powershell), Microsoft experience (Windows Server 2008 etc), Endpoint Control/Management Systems, Networking Services and Mobile & Application Management Technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting laptop, workstation, printing, telephony and video conferencing technologies;
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills to enable effective communication and interaction with other people at appropriate levels of an organisation;
- Fundamental understanding and awareness of information security and how this is applied in operational environments
- Experience with Linux technologies, i.e. Debian, CentOS, Red Hat, etc.; would be advantageous;
A Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 700 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.