Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Civil Solutions group, the Software Engineer will contribute to the bid, execution and delivery phases of complex and high value civil security projects. You will be part of a dynamic and fast paced environment, where you will have the opportunity to work across different projects and interact with customers.
You will be responsible for:
- Applying the approved software development process to the software development task
- Produce software design and development artefacts including documentation for allocated components
- Contributing to the development and improvement of software development processes
- Assisting in the design and review of performance critical/high priority components
- Providing ad hoc support to site rollout teams and internal staff to support development
- Designing support to the Software team during design, development and test phases
- Interacting and supporting customers during workshops and other related activities
- Travel interstate and overseas may be required
Your skills and experience will include:
- Relevant engineering or computer science degree
- Current experience in .NET, C#, Visual Studio, MS SQL, Git
- Understanding and commitment to software process
- Ability to undertake high level software design and corresponding project implementation
- Proven ability to communicate with customers and end-users
- Ability to adapt to change, plan, schedule, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.