Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems. For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As part of our Maritime group, the Software Test Engineer will focus on designing and reviewing test cases, executing test plans and T&E activities and generation of OQE.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Build Test Cases in the 9LV product
- Provide Test support to Software development and Integration Teams
- Manage the execution of Test Plans
- Design, implementation and execution of test cases and cycles.
- Produce all artefacts required for deliverables and internal reviews.
- Participate in reviews of software documentation as required.
- Provide technical guidance to junior software engineers.
Flexible work arrangements such as 9 day fortnight will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- A degree in a software engineering or science degree or; certifications in a Test certification standard such as ISTQB
- Experience writing software test cases, input into test plans and test cycles, and defect identification and reporting
- Experience with Test Automation (desirable)
- Experience in at least one of the following languages: Java, Python and/or Ada
- Well-developed communication skills (written and oral)
- Well-developed ability to work with others in a team environment
- Well-developed problem solving skills and ability to develop creative and innovative solutions
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an NV1 clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 900 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description. Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.