At Saab in West Lafayette, Indiana, you have the opportunity to join a team that will manufacture the aft section of the T-7A Red Hawk military trainer aircraft for the United States Air Force. When at full capacity by 2027, Saab will employ over 300 employees in the West Lafayette facility in management, administration, and manufacturing. The new flagship facility will utilize advanced manufacturing techniques and leverage research and development to support Saab’s broad product portfolio. In the U.S., Saab also offers job opportunities in Florida, Virginia, Washington D.C. and our headquarters in Syracuse, New York. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
As Saab is building a new operation in West Lafayette, IN, we are seeking a Production Supervisor to help us launch our world-class Operation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supervise assembly in daily production activities
- Ensure efficient daily operations of the advanced manufacturing operation
- Supervise the team and provide training and coaching to improve performance
- Recruit and staff team members for assigned operational area
- Clearly communicate daily production goals
- Report out on assembly operations including area KPI’s
- Hold employees accountable to established work processes and work rules
- Empower work teams to align to production KPI’s and overall business goals
- Monitor work quality to consistently deliver exceptional customer service
- Demonstrate an understanding of the company policy and local work rules including Safety and FOD prevention
- Adhere to the Saab 6S program and maintain a clean environment at all times
- Communicate well with management, team members and supporting departments
- Implement continuous improvement action plans
- Oversee and approve work hours for production team on weekly basis
- Misc tasks as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in advanced manufacturing environment is required.
- 2+ years of supervisory/ leadership experience preferred
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Advanced Manufacturing, Aeronautics, or a related field is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Experience in an AS9100 or ISO environment desired
- Experience using MES and ERP systems desired
- Proven teamwork and solution driven leadership qualities
- Availability to work a flexible schedule as needed to meet customer timelines, including occasional overtime.
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights on a routine basis
- Stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Operate or manage hand tools and assembly equipment
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to meet the following criteria: (i) pass a drug screen, (ii) complete a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, and education and employment verification, and (iii) be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (unless granted an accommodation permitted by law and then in compliance with Saab’s requirements related to the accommodation, if any).
Saab provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, work-life balance, business-casual atmosphere and comprehensive benefits:
Medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and dependents
Paid time off including: minimum of 3 weeks vacation, 5 floating holidays, 8 designated holidays, 3 weeks personal illness, bereavement, jury duty and disability
401(k) with immediate vesting on employer match
Employee assistance programs
Employee stock purchase program with employer match
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.