Do you want to work with world-class signal intelligence- and self-protection systems in close collaboration with your fellow colleagues? We are a looking for experienced systems engineers who wants to join our competent team. Welcome with your application!
As a Systems Engineer you will work with various systems in collaboration with different interfaces within and outside the business unit. With a good overall view of the systems, you support software developers and hardware developers as well as product managers in ongoing customer projects. When working in development projects, you are responsible for producing documents for requirements specification, verification and integration. Some of us are working with products that are operational at customer level and have opportunities to interact and work closely and with our customers and end users.
The role’s tasks may include:
- Manage the system throughout its life cycle, already from its definition and specification including its improvement and replacement
- Managing the customer requirements and system specifications
- Design of system architecture, high level design and signal processing solutions
- Verification and testing of the system
- Regular customer contacts and providing support
- Meetings with product managers, developers, project managers and customers to align the system requirement and the development work
- Development and review of documentation for the system specification
- Manage correction of problems in the system operation
As a person, you are communicative and supportive and enjoy taking responsibility. Problem solving and technical challenges motivates you and you have a strong ability to independently plan and operate your work. With an analytical mindset you have a holistic perspective but can easily determine when it is needed to understand details. You do not hesitate to ask for help when needed.
This position requires that you are approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.
We believe you have a Master of Science in Engineering, Technical Physics, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent. Understanding of the interaction between system requirements, software implementation and embedded systems is key. Excellent communication skills in Swedish and English, verbal and written are also required. You have at least four years of experience in systems engineering.
Beyond above qualifications, you should have experience in at least three of these areas:
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
- Radar systems
- EW Systems
- Signal processing
- Requirements specification (preferably in Doors)
- Systems design and architecture
- Software design and embedded systems
- Integrated Logistics Support (ILS)
- System Safety
- System Verification and Integration
- Customer contact and support
- Development of system documentation
What you will be part of
Business Area (BA) Surveillance, one of the six Saab business areas, provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems and C4I solutions, and traffic management systems. Saab operates worldwide and apart from Sweden, South Africa together with USA, Australia and the UK are seen as important locations. Read more about us here .
The Electronic Warfare (EW) Systems is a Business Unit within BA Surveillance that provides world-class signal intelligence systems and self-protection systems for next generation JAS Gripen and Global Eye among others. At EW systems, we are now looking for skilled and encouraging system engineers. Welcome to a workplace with inspiring challenges where the meeting between competence and personality builds the foundation for our success. We look forward to seeing your application as soon as possible! If you are interested in what benefits you can take part of as an employee at Saab in Sweden, you can read more about them here
Is this an opportunity that looks appealing to you? Apply today, interviews are ongoing. Please contact Eva Brynedal for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile: +46 73418 45 60.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.