As part of our professional HR team, the Talent Acquisition Partner will play a key role in partnering with Saab’s business units and undertaking best-practice recruitment processes to ensure that efficient, high quality hiring outcomes are achieved.
The role will also assist with activities related to workforce planning and strategy, employer branding, process excellence, reporting & analytics and other talent advisory services.
Further, the successful candidate(s) will:
- Understanding Saab Australia business unit priorities, the talent market and planning talent acquisition activities in accordance to achieve efficient and high quality hiring outcomes
- Leading, planning and managing the end-to-end processes for allocated vacancies, to include:
- Creating and posting job advertisements
- Shortlisting, phone screens and passive sourcing
- Creating and managing candidate pools
- Competency based interviews
- Pre-employment checks (i.e. reference checking & psychometric assessments)
- Negotiating commencement salaries within agreed structure
- Supporting recruitment and selection activities related to early careers campaigns for graduate, internship and scholarship hires
- Promoting Saab Australia’s employer brand in the internal and external talent marketplace by representing the company at career expos, round tables, on social media and other related networking events, as well as providing strong ambassadorship for Saab’s employer value proposition in all company interactions
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of talent acquisition systems, processes and strategy, with a focus on efficiency, digitisation and automation
Please note: this role will be offered of an initial 12 month fixed term contract.
Flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work from home / office, 9 day fortnight and part time (0.8 FTE minimum) will be considered for this role.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent professional experience in human resources, talent acquisition or related business discipline
- Demonstrated talent acquisition experience in a technically focused or related business, either internal or agency
- High level ability to influence and negotiate with business stakeholders, candidates, and suppliers to achieve successful results
- Strong business acumen and ability to understand the interrelationships between and impact of decisions.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple competing demands in complex stakeholder environments
- Refined verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders of all levels
- Knowledge of and experience using contemporary Applicant Tracking Systems and/or Human Resources Information Systems such as Workday or similar
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a baseline clearance.
Saab Australia is a defence, security and cyber solutions provider, specialising in the development and integration of major defence and security systems.
For over 30 years in Australia, we have built a reputation for delivering complex systems integration projects that provide proven and advanced capabilities to keep us ahead of today’s challenges.
From combat, communications, security and underwater systems, to mixed reality, cyber security and deployable health solutions, our extensive portfolio of products and services provide high-technology solutions for defence forces and civil industries across the globe.
Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 900 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience.
By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised.
You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace, while having the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
As a valued team member of Saab Australia, you’ll access a variety of perks and benefits to support you and your family including:
- 6 weeks paid leave each year
- 13% Superannuation
- Free Income Protection Insurance
- Flexible working options
- Access to the Saab shares matching scheme
- Access to MySaab; our online store offering everything from cash back at hundreds of stores to discounts from exclusive partners
For further information about at career at Saab, visit the page adjacent: https://www.saab.com/markets/australia/careers/saab-life
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team at email@example.com for a copy of the full position description.
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and in exceptional circumstances, the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement.
We encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.