Driving sustainable solutions with Sabertooth
Sustainability is an integral part of Saab’s operations and strategy. The Saab Seaeye Sabertooth is just one example of how Saab helps customers reach their environmental targets, contributing to reduced climate impact.
The Sabertooth is an autonomous underwater vehicle collecting data that can be utilised in many different areas, such as marine, research, defence and security, aquaculture and offshore energy. Through renewable energy innovation, the Sabertooth can be powered by wave energy, resulting in zero emission operations, which also enables longer missions. Compared to the use of traditional surface vessels, it gives great opportunity for substantial reductions in CO₂ emission and accompanying cost reduction. Through continuing this kind of research and development, Saab will stay innovative and contribute with new products and solutions for a more sustainable future.
- Sabertooth – an autonomous under water multi-role vehicle
- Renewable energy – converted from waves powering the Sabertooth enabling zero emission operations
- Decreases the need for support vessels, and enables customers to reduce dependency on grid and logistics
- CO₂e reductions of approximately 180+ tonnes per system and year, equal to 1,000 short-haul air passenger trips
- Zero emission operation is important in many under water sectors, such as marine, research, defence and security, aquaculture and offshore energy