Saab, Inc.'s defense and security business units tailor Saab's portfolio to meet the needs of U.S. customers. Our products and services, support offerings, manufacturing capabilites, and regional presence provide a strong foundation for our nation's defense and security needs.
Located in West Lafayette, IN where the facility is under development that will house the T-7A manufacturing and development.
- Provides T-7A Red Hawk aft fuselage assembly, system installation and delivery to Boeing
- Model-based design, which utilizes electronic product models. This allows us to conduct various types of analysis of a product, including stress and aerodynamic testing, and off-the-market support
- Research partnership with Purdue University
- Hub for Saab Avionic solutions
Located in Orlando, FL and Lillington, NC, Land Systems consists of the Product Areas Ground Combat, Training & Simulation and Signature Management.
- Develops, manufactures and supports training and simulation equipment, systems and ranges in the live, virtual and constructive domains
- Provides Contractor Logistics Support (CLS) services
- Anti-tank weapon simulators and vehicle weapon simulators
- Communication and exercise control systems
- Tracking of soldiers and vehicles, on terrain and inside buildings
- After-action review
- Live fire targetry equipment
- Instrumented targets (soldiers, armored vehicles, UAVs, buildings)
- Target effect assessment tool
- Designs, tests, and manufactures customized signature management products that provide force protection and heat mitigation to personnel and vehicles
- Mobile camouflage systems
- Static camouflage nets
- Heat transfer reduction material
- Solar shade screens
ATM Safety and Efficiency Systems
Located in Syracuse, NY, ATM Safety and Efficiency Systems design, develop and produce solutions for the Collaborative Decision Making environment in airports as well as Communication Navigation & Surveillance solutions.
- Provides systems and sensors to support operational stakeholders such as Airport Operators, Airlines, and Ground Handlers
- Digital Air Traffic Control Tower Solutions
- Air Traffic Control Automation
- Airport Surface Detection System
- Collaborative Decision Making & Efficiency
- Surveillance Solutions
Located in Syracuse, NY, Surveillance Systems are responsible for radar and sensor systems design, development and manufacturing. It consists of Product Area Surface Radar Solutions and ATM FAA.
- Engineers, manufactures and provides life-cycle support for advanced radar and sensor systems
- Adapts and sustains existing radar systems in support of government and industry partners
- Naval and land based radar systems and subsystems for:
- Air surveillance
- Air defense
- Force protection