Saab, Inc.'s defense and security business units tailor Saab's portfolio to meet the needs of U.S. customers. Our products and services, support offerings, manufacturing capabilites, and regional presence provide a strong foundation for our nation's defense and security needs.
Located in West Lafayette, IN where the facility is under development that will house the T-7A manufacturing and development.
- Provides T-7A Red Hawk aft fuselage assembly, system installation and delivery to Boeing
- Model-based design, which utilizes electronic product models. This allows us to conduct various types of analysis of a product, including stress and aerodynamic testing, and off-the-market support
- Research partnership with Purdue University
- Hub for Saab Avionic solutions
Located in Orlando, FL, Land Systems consists of the Product Areas Ground Combat and Training & Simulation.
- Develops, manufactures and supports training and simulation equipment, systems and ranges in the live, virtual and constructive domains
- Provides Contractor Logistics Support (CLS) services
- Communication and exercise control systems
- Tracking of soldiers and vehicles, on terrain and inside buildings
- After-action review
- Live fire targetry equipment
- Instrumented targets (soldiers, armored vehicles, UAVs, buildings)
- Target effect assessment tool
- Anti-tank weapon simulators and vehicle weapon simulators
Located in Syracuse, NY, Surveillance Systems are responsible for radar and sensor systems design, development and manufacturing. It consists of Product Area Surface Radar Solutions, ATM Safety and Efficiency and ATM FAA.
- Engineers, manufactures and provides life-cycle support for advanced radar and sensor systems
- Adapts and sustains existing radar systems in support of government and industry partners
- Naval and land based radar systems and subsystems for:
- Air surveillance
- Air defense
- Force protection
- Design, develop and produce solutions for the Collaborative Decision Making environment in airports as well as Communication Navigation & Surveillance solutions
- Provides systems and sensors to support operational stakeholders such as Airport Operators, Airlines, and Ground Handlers
- Digital Air Traffic Control Tower Solutions
- Air Traffic Control Automation
- Airport Surface Detection System
- Collaborative Decision Making & Efficiency
- Surveillance Solutions
Autonomous and Undersea Systems
Located in Quincy, MA, and Cranston, RI, Autonomous and Undersea Systems are responsible for autonomy, artificial intelligence, and machine learning development across the unmanned vehicle domain and for the systems design, development and manufacturing of unmanned maritime vehicles.
- Engineers, manufactures and provides life-cycle support for unmanned maritime vehicles – UUVs, USVs, and ROVs
- Modifies and sustains existing unmanned maritime vehicles in support of government and industry partners
- Develops autonomy, artificial intelligence, and machine learning solutions for unmanned systems
- Naval systems and subsystems for:
- Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) Training
- Mine Countermeasures (MCM)
- Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR)
- Oceanographic Monitoring and Subsea Survey
- Payload Delivery