At Saab in West Lafayette, Indiana, you have the opportunity to join a team that will manufacture the rear section of the T-7A Red Hawk military trainer aircraft for the United States Air Force. When at full capacity, Saab will employ over 300 employees in the West Lafayette facility in management, administration, and manufacturing roles.
The new flagship facility will utilize advanced manufacturing techniques and leverage research and development to support Saab’s broad product portfolio. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
At this new West Lafayette, IN operation, we are seeking a Technical Trainer to evaluate and teach the technical skills needed to develop a world-class production system. The ideal candidate is responsible for activities related to conducting and evaluating technical aptitude tests, facilitating skills training, coaching and mentoring new Assemblers, and helping to build a positive and rewarding work culture as a leader in our on-site Training Academy.
Responsibilities will include:
- Facilitate applicant aptitude testing, assessing skills and technical competencies required for production positions
- Efficiently maintain aptitude testing and training records for Training Academy
- Develop technical training material for training new production employees
- Conduct training of new production employees in both formal theory lessons and practical lessons
- Conduct recertification training of existing production employees
- Develop practical examples and training to help bridge the gap from training to production
- Assist in development of company culture by being an advocate for Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and morale
- Familiarize employees with production practices including understanding KPI's, daily morning routines, and early system use
- Work closely with production, quality and engineering to maintain current training material
- Maintain and report out on project schedules
- Maintain and report out on academy budget
- Develop continuous improvement practices to continually cater to production and design requirements
- Other tasks as assigned by Manger
Skills and Experience:
Skills and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's degree in technical field, or equivalent work experience/military training, desired
- 2+ years experience in aviation field is desired
- 2+ years in technical training is preferred
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and facilitation skills are critical
- The ability to listen and evaluate comprehension, adapting facilitation style when needed is critical
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to collaborate as part of a project team, and cross-functionally
- Experience developing technical documentation is a plus
- Experience specifically developing and evaluating technical training programs is also a plus
- Must be self-mobile and able to stand for extended periods
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as sitting, bending, stooping, walking, and reaching during workday
- Can regularly lift up to 25 pound
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to meet the following criteria: (i) pass a drug screen, (ii) complete a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, and education and employment verification, and (iii) be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (unless granted an accommodation permitted by law and then in compliance with Saab’s requirements related to the accommodation, if any).
Saab provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, work-life balance, business-casual atmosphere and comprehensive benefits:
Medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and dependents
Paid time off including: minimum of 3 weeks vacation, 5 floating holidays, 8 designated holidays, 3 weeks personal illness, bereavement, jury duty and disability
401(k) with immediate vesting on employer match
Employee assistance programs
Employee stock purchase program with employer match
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.