Listen between the lines
There are billions of signals out there. Each tells a story. The challenge is not only to listen to these signals, but rather to fully understand what the stories actually reveal and draw the right conclusions.This is where Sirius Intelligence can make all the difference.
The sub-systems can be tailored to customer requirements including combinations of geographically distributed sensors.
Advanced sensors for ELINT* and COMINT*
Sensors complement each other with different characteristics and are optimised for specific tasks. They provide high sensitivity to reach beyond the horizon, high accuracy parameter measurements and wide coverage of the relevant RF spectrum for precision capture of communication and radar signals.
Robust and selective algorithms for processing and identification/classification of radar signals allows for automated operation in dense signal environments. A high degree of user-configurable automation enables the operator to focus on critical tasks and supports persistent operation with low personnel footprint during periods of low activity.
*ELINT: Electronic intelligence
*COMINT: Communications intelligence
From noise to knowledge
In order to achieve accurate information, capabilities beyond individual sensors are required. Sirius Intelligence takes you all the way from detecting signals hiding in the noise to credible knowledge.
Both sensors and databases have open interface definitions allowing for easy and flexible integration and data exchange with existing systems.
Sensor supremacy by Saab
Saab has decades of experience from developing complex systems encompassing passive sensors and data fusion.
Today, these systems provide armed forces and intelligence services around the world with the silent power they need to detect, locate and understand signals, without revealing themselves.
- Operationally proven high performance sensors for ELINT and COMINT
- Alternative sensor configurations
- Wide coverage of the Radio Frequence (RF) spectrum
- Wideband and narrow band digital receivers
- Multi-channel super resolution direction finding
- Software defined waveform processing and demodulation
- Scalable receiver and processing architecture
- Simultaneous processing of signals from wideband and narrow band receiver channels
- Capture of technical parameters of signals and waveforms
- Advanced multi-sensor network capability for effective management and tasking of sensor resources in a multi user/operator environment
- Analysis, information production and dissemination of collected data
- Electronic Warfare/Signals Intelligence (EW/SIGINT) databases and emitter library tools
- Centralised data management systems for signal parameters, emitters and platforms supporting geographical deployment
- Technical, content and traffic analysis
- Extensive data capture and storage management
- Multi-source information fusion system
Sirius is a family of innovative and networked passive sensor systems based on common architecture and with a domain specific edge. It provides a complete synergistic capability for Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance – beyond the scope of individual sensors.
Today these systems provide armed forces and intelligence services around the world with the silent power required to turn signals into knowledge, whilst remaining undetected.