Detect without being detected
When it comes to air defence, guesswork is not an option. To make critical decisions, GBAD units are increasingly dependent on understanding the complex signals environment of the modern battlefield.
Sirius passive sensor systems provide your GBAD units with the silent power of early warning and air situation picture without the use of active radars until it is time for engagement, thereby reducing the risk of detection and engagement by hostile forces.
Enhancement by integration
Sirius passive sensors can be fully integrated into existing GBAD structures for command and control as well as sensor management. Sirius GBAD will enhance the local air situation picture supporting the tasks of early warning, target identification and cueing of acquisition and fire control systems.
Sirius GBAD is a highly automated passive sensor system providing capabilities that enhances awareness by long range detection, tracking and classifying platforms based on the signals they emit, in both communication and radar domain.
Sensor supremacy by Saab
Saab has decades of experience from developing complex systems encompassing passive sensors and data fusion. Today, these systems provide armed forces and intelligence services around the world with the silent power they need to detect, locate and understand signals, without revealing themselves.
Sirius is a family of innovative and networked passive sensor systems based on common architecture and with a domain specific edge. It provides a complete synergistic capability for Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance – beyond the scope of individual sensors.
Today these systems provide armed forces and intelligence services around the world with the silent power required to turn signals into knowledge, whilst remaining undetected.
- Independently operating sensors, geographically distributed
- High probability of intercept and rapid reaction time
- Long detection range for signals emitted by airborne targets including radar, Selective Identification Feature (SIF)/Identification Friend or Foe (IFF), transponders, Tactical Air Navigation (TACAN), datalinks and voice communication
- High precision direction finding and target tracking
- Robust emitter and platform classification based on joint signal library
- Mission controlled automated operation
- Advanced multi sensor network for coordinated sensor tasking and track data fusion
- Interoperability with co-located transmitting equipment
- Supports rapid deployment and operates with minimum manning requirements
- Unmanned or manned self-supporting sensor stations or sensors integrated onto existing platforms
360° instantaneous and/or 120° sectors electronically switched
Direction Finding (DF) and geo-location:
1-2° rms DF accuracy, geo location by triangulation
Airborne radar and communications radio, transponders and tactical data link signals
> 500 emitters
Emitter and platform types
Independent sensor stations connected to sensor management, 30 minute deployment/decamp time.