Utility Control Systems
Our offering within Utility Control Systems is wide and includes full system responsibility. Saab can offer a complete solution, including the door structure as well as the door actuation system and associated control electronics. It is designed and optimized on system level for high reliability, low weight and cost-efficiency.
- Full responsibility from study/definition phase through specification, development, verification/qualification, production and customer support
- Complete in-house development, both HW and SW (incl. application SW)
- In-depth application knowledge within Cargo Door Actuation Systems
- Safety critical control computers yet with high level of integrated platform functionality, examples:
- ARINC standard dataloader
- Extensive Built-In Tests (PBIT, CBIT and IBIT)
- RTOS (ARINC653)
Rapid prototyping, short lead time to first equipment with full functional compliance
- RTCA DO-178/254 DAL A compliant
- RTCA DO-160 compliant (environmental)
- Highly reliable and efficient electric actuation systems
- High integrity control electronics based on a Modular Computer Design
Door Actuation Systems
Saab Avionics Systems are developing integrated door solutions together with Saab Aerostructures. Example of applications:
Cargo Door Actuation Systems
We offer state-of-the-art electromechanical cargo door actuation systems optimized for high reliability, low weight and cost efficiency. The actuation systems are based on our EMA product platform that includes rotary or linear actuation according to customer requirements.
Over Wing Exit Door Flight Lock Actuator
The Over Wing Exit Door Flight Lock Actuator not only locks the door handle bar during certain flight phases but also ensures the structural integrity of the fuselage.