See everything - miss nothing
With a fully integrated sighting system, innovative operator aids, high-precision range and unjammable laser guidance, our RBS 70 NG Ground-Based Air Defence (GBAD) system sets itself apart from all others. Our state-of-the-art system provides a highly flexible, scalable and long-term solution to evolving GBAD requirements.
In addition to superb Man-Portable Air Defence System (MANPAD) benefits, RBS 70 NG’s sight has been specially designed for even greater flexibility and modularity. The system’s cutting-edge design also means that it can integrate with various vehicles, and has networked and remote-control compatibility.
During 2019, the Brazilian Army conducted their first ever RBS 70 NG firings. The RBS 70 has been in service with the Brazilian Army since 2014. The system had a big role in 2016 as it was a part of the protection of the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
How it all began
RBS 70 launced
Intercept range - 5 km
Altitude coverage - 2,000 m+
Laser beam riding missile
Increased area coverage
Clip-On Night Device (COND)
Battlefield Management Terminal
Fourth generation announced
BOLIDE all-target missile
BORC thermal imager
Identification Friend or Foe (IFF)
RBS 70 NG launched
Integrated thermal imager
The new-generation sight module features:
- Integrated, high-resolution thermal imaging with night and day capabilities
- Advanced cueing for improved reaction times and target acquisition
- An auto-tracker that assists the operator during engagement and increases hit probability
- Improved aiming aids to further system performance, both for manual and auto-tracker engagements
- Built-in video recording for after-action review